Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Xavier

Default Stop reinstalling message when using print-uris

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The stops the "pkg is up to date -- reinstalling" message when only
> asking for uris to be printed.

Slightly offtopic, but this patch reminded me of a problem with these
reinstalling message.
I just looked into it and the messages are just wrong.
The comment is correct though :
/* spkg is NOT an upgrade */

but saying that local pkg is up to date is misleading, the two
situations should be considered :
1) local pkg is in sync with spkg, ie same version
In this cases, the two messages make sense : local pkg is uptodate,
then either skipping or reinstalling
2) local pkg is newer than sync one
in this case, the two messages are misleading

Well, I don't have time right now to think about how to solve this,
but I am sending it on the ML anyway in case someone can help, or
otherwise just as a reminder for me