Old 05-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Sebastian Nowicki

Default PM_TRANS_EVT_EXTRACT_START missing?

It seems every action has a START and DONE event, apart from package
extraction. I was wondering if the extract action was supposed to have
a PM_TRANS_EVT_EXTRACT_START event as well?

--
Sebastian Nowicki

Old 05-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Xavier

Sebastian Nowicki wrote:
> It seems every action has a START and DONE event, apart from package
> extraction. I was wondering if the extract action was supposed to have
> a PM_TRANS_EVT_EXTRACT_START event as well?

What is the point of that extract event anyway?
We already have add/upgrade event which are basically the same.
Since extract_done is not even used, I would suggest just removing it.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Sebastian Nowicki

On 24/05/2008, at 7:24 PM, Xavier wrote:

> Sebastian Nowicki wrote:
>> It seems every action has a START and DONE event, apart from package
>> extraction. I was wondering if the extract action was supposed to
>> have
>> a PM_TRANS_EVT_EXTRACT_START event as well?
>>

> What is the point of that extract event anyway?
> We already have add/upgrade event which are basically the same.
> Since extract_done is not even used, I would suggest just removing it.

I'm not really sure, going by the name I thought it was to indicate
that a package (tarball) finished extracting, but skimming through the
code it seems the event is fired long after the fact. Pacman just
ignores it. I guess removing it wouldn't be a bad idea.

--
Sebastian Nowicki