Old 05-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Nagy Gabor

Default memleak around -Qu

Hi!

This is not a big issue, but memleaks are just ugly.
I mentioned this in the 2. point of my
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7884#comment25485 comment.
See pacman/query.c/query_upgrades(): The result of alpm_sync_sysupgrade just
printed but not freed (as I see, the front-end couldn't do it anyway)

Bye

Old 05-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Xavier

2008/5/24 Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
> Hi!
>
> This is not a big issue, but memleaks are just ugly.
> I mentioned this in the 2. point of my
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7884#comment25485 comment.
> See pacman/query.c/query_upgrades(): The result of alpm_sync_sysupgrade just
> printed but not freed (as I see, the front-end couldn't do it anyway)

Well I hope you have more free time soon to help That's
definitively something I would like to see improved, but there are
just way too many things..

About memleaks:
There are many memleaks in the frontend after the dynamic mem move,
where the frontend can't even free things. But there are mostly just
small ones which only happen in corner cases like errors. But it is
worse when it happens on normal and successful operations though...
Also Dan said he did not want to make all the free functions public,
which would be ugly. So it has to be done another way.