Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Allan McRae

Default Fix command line argument parsing in makepkg

Xavier wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sebastian Nowicki wrote:
>>
>>> --noprogressbar could probably go into makepkg.conf, but I think the
>>> rest needs to stay. -H could be used for --holdver, -n or -N for --
>>> noconfirm (the other could be used for --noprogressbar). -S is
>>> deprecated so it could be for --source instead. I'm not sure about --
>>> asroot. There's also --forcever.
>>>

> Sounds good, thanks!
>

>> I would be in favour of a shortened version of --noconfirm. I use
>> "makepkg -s" a lot and often wander away while the dependencies install
>> only to come back and find pacman asking for confirmation about
>> installing the makedepends.
>>
>> However, --noprogressbar would be a bit strange in makepkg.conf given it
>> is really a pacman option.
>>

> No problem, so here is the current list :
>
> --source = -S
> --noconfirm = -n
> --noprogressbar = -N
> --holdver = -H
> --forcever = ?
> --asroot = ?

Hmmm, --forcever needs to be added to the usage function, which leads
me to suspect possibly the man page too but I haven't checked. I have
put tidying this up in my TODO list but I will wait until the shortened
versions are fully chosen.

We could use -O for --asroot because root tends to have user id 0.
Entirely obscure but it is the best I can come up with.
We can use -F for --forcever and the INFAKEROOT option is only used
internally to makepkg and thus can use a slightly more obscure abbreviation.

Allan

Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Allan McRae

Xavier wrote:

> Ah maybe that is why I originally skipped --forcever. It is internal
> option as well, so no usage function / no man page :
> #hidden opt used by fakeroot call for svn/cvs/etc PKGBUILDs to set pkgver
> --forcever) shift; FORCE_VER=$1;;

I can't believe that I knew -F was and internal option without any
comment and missed --forcever was when it had a comment right above it.
It seems my brain has given up... Oh well, it Friday evening here and
I'm going to happy hour!

Allan