Old 05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Nagy Gabor

Default REPLACES and FORCE in depends or desc files

> While inspecting the freshly rebuilt databases, I noticed the
> following problem :
> * repo-add adds these two entries in desc file
> * pacman reads them from desc file (for both local or sync db)
> * pacman writes them to depends file (only possible with local db)

Good catch.

> > I guess the quickest / easiest fix is to fix db_write to also put
> force / replaces in the desc file, and then have a new 3.1.x release.
> The local database will be slightly messed up but it will go away
> eventually, as upgrade goes.
> Note that this is totally harmless, because the force / replaces in
> local db are totally unused. They were just added for consistency /
> completeness, and to have all informations on -Qi operations.
> So harmless but still worth fixing imo.

+1

Bye

Old 05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

2008/5/22 Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
>> While inspecting the freshly rebuilt databases, I noticed the
>> following problem :
>> * repo-add adds these two entries in desc file
>> * pacman reads them from desc file (for both local or sync db)
>> * pacman writes them to depends file (only possible with local db)
>
> Good catch.
>
>> > I guess the quickest / easiest fix is to fix db_write to also put
>> force / replaces in the desc file, and then have a new 3.1.x release.
>> The local database will be slightly messed up but it will go away
>> eventually, as upgrade goes.
>> Note that this is totally harmless, because the force / replaces in
>> local db are totally unused. They were just added for consistency /
>> completeness, and to have all informations on -Qi operations.
>> So harmless but still worth fixing imo.
>>

> +1

I agree too, sounds like a simple enough fix until this is fully
corrected. Awesome catch, thanks a lot for checking my work 8)

Old 05-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Xavier

Xavier wrote:
> I guess the quickest / easiest fix is to fix db_write to also put
> force / replaces in the desc file, and then have a new 3.1.x release.
> The local database will be slightly messed up but it will go away
> eventually, as upgrade goes.

Wait, that part is irrelevant, I just noticed this change didn't make it
into 3.1.x, it is just in master, and pacman-git package
So just a small patch to push to master and all will be well.