Old 05-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Nagy Gabor

Default Incoherent alpm_list_t usage in deps.c

Hi!

Both resolvedeps and recursedeps populates its input list; however,
resolvedeps has alpm_list_t**, recursedeps has alpm_list_t* param.

First I thought that the return value of alpm_list_add is needless,
since we add the new element to the end of the list. But, when the list
is empty (thus the passed param is NULL), the return value is important.

Neither of the mentioned functions should populate its input list, if
it is empty; so both * and ** seems to be correct (however, by
definition, resolvedeps could populate an empty list, but - after
DEPENDSONLY removal - syncpkg is always a member of *list).

Bye

Old 05-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Xavier

Nagy Gabor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Both resolvedeps and recursedeps populates its input list; however,
> resolvedeps has alpm_list_t**, recursedeps has alpm_list_t* param.
>
> First I thought that the return value of alpm_list_add is needless,
> since we add the new element to the end of the list. But, when the list
> is empty (thus the passed param is NULL), the return value is important.
>
> Neither of the mentioned functions should populate its input list, if
> it is empty; so both * and ** seems to be correct (however, by
> definition, resolvedeps could populate an empty list, but - after
> DEPENDSONLY removal - syncpkg is always a member of *list).

I am a bit confused, what is your suggestion exactly?