Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux Pacman Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/)
-   -   packages not signed (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/707554-packages-not-signed.html)

Christian Hesse 09-26-2012 02:54 PM

packages not signed
 
Hello everybody,

I have just installed pacman-git v4.0.3.402.g2abe1f1-1. Everything works just
fine except one thing: package signing does not work though it is requested
in makepkg.conf with BUILDENV=(... sign). Giving --sign to makepkg works,
however. What is wrong with the BUILDENV array in makepkg.conf?
--
main(a){char*c=/* Schoene Gruesse */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/* Chris get my mail address: */=0;b=c[a++];)
putchar(b-1/(/* gcc -o sig sig.c && ./sig */b/42*2-3)*42);}

Dave Reisner 09-26-2012 03:37 PM

packages not signed
 
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 04:54:04PM +0200, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have just installed pacman-git v4.0.3.402.g2abe1f1-1. Everything works just
> fine except one thing: package signing does not work though it is requested
> in makepkg.conf with BUILDENV=(... sign). Giving --sign to makepkg works,
> however. What is wrong with the BUILDENV array in makepkg.conf?
> --
> main(a){char*c=/* Schoene Gruesse */"B?IJj;MEH"
> "CX:;",b;for(a/* Chris get my mail address: */=0;b=c[a++];)
> putchar(b-1/(/* gcc -o sig sig.c && ./sig */b/42*2-3)*42);}
>

This isn't git specific -- signing behaves the same way in 4.0.3. You
need to specify your key shorthash, e.g. GPGKEY=F56C0C53 in makepkg.conf
as well. The setting is just below the 'PACKAGER' variable in the
default shipped config.

dave

Christian Hesse 09-26-2012 04:13 PM

packages not signed
 
Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> on Wed, 2012/09/26 11:37:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 04:54:04PM +0200, Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have just installed pacman-git v4.0.3.402.g2abe1f1-1. Everything works
> > just fine except one thing: package signing does not work though it is
> > requested in makepkg.conf with BUILDENV=(... sign). Giving --sign to
> > makepkg works, however. What is wrong with the BUILDENV array in
> > makepkg.conf?
>
> This isn't git specific -- signing behaves the same way in 4.0.3. You
> need to specify your key shorthash, e.g. GPGKEY=F56C0C53 in makepkg.conf
> as well. The setting is just below the 'PACKAGER' variable in the
> default shipped config.

I have tried with my mail address as well as the shorthash, both do not
work. No problem with pacman 4.0.3.

Just took a look at the source code... create_signature() at line 1806 returns
without any action if SIGNPKG does not equal to "y". But SIGNPKG is only set
to "y" with --sign, no matter what check_buildenv returns.

The attached patch fixes this for me.
--
main(a){char*c=/* Schoene Gruesse */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/* Chris get my mail address: */=0;b=c[a++];)
putchar(b-1/(/* gcc -o sig sig.c && ./sig */b/42*2-3)*42);}

Allan McRae 09-26-2012 09:07 PM

packages not signed
 
On 27/09/12 02:13, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> on Wed, 2012/09/26 11:37:
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 04:54:04PM +0200, Christian Hesse wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> I have just installed pacman-git v4.0.3.402.g2abe1f1-1. Everything works
>>> just fine except one thing: package signing does not work though it is
>>> requested in makepkg.conf with BUILDENV=(... sign). Giving --sign to
>>> makepkg works, however. What is wrong with the BUILDENV array in
>>> makepkg.conf?
>>
>> This isn't git specific -- signing behaves the same way in 4.0.3. You
>> need to specify your key shorthash, e.g. GPGKEY=F56C0C53 in makepkg.conf
>> as well. The setting is just below the 'PACKAGER' variable in the
>> default shipped config.
>
> I have tried with my mail address as well as the shorthash, both do not
> work. No problem with pacman 4.0.3.
>
> Just took a look at the source code... create_signature() at line 1806 returns
> without any action if SIGNPKG does not equal to "y". But SIGNPKG is only set
> to "y" with --sign, no matter what check_buildenv returns.
>
> The attached patch fixes this for me.
>

@Dave: this is fallout of 9dd42dc0. Can you take a look?

Allan

Dave Reisner 09-26-2012 09:27 PM

packages not signed
 
Yeah I immediately suspected that commit. I'll deal with this tonight.
On Sep 26, 2012 5:07 PM, "Allan McRae" <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 27/09/12 02:13, Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> on Wed, 2012/09/26 11:37:
> >> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 04:54:04PM +0200, Christian Hesse wrote:
> >>> Hello everybody,
> >>>
> >>> I have just installed pacman-git v4.0.3.402.g2abe1f1-1. Everything
> works
> >>> just fine except one thing: package signing does not work though it is
> >>> requested in makepkg.conf with BUILDENV=(... sign). Giving --sign to
> >>> makepkg works, however. What is wrong with the BUILDENV array in
> >>> makepkg.conf?
> >>
> >> This isn't git specific -- signing behaves the same way in 4.0.3. You
> >> need to specify your key shorthash, e.g. GPGKEY=F56C0C53 in makepkg.conf
> >> as well. The setting is just below the 'PACKAGER' variable in the
> >> default shipped config.
> >
> > I have tried with my mail address as well as the shorthash, both do not
> > work. No problem with pacman 4.0.3.
> >
> > Just took a look at the source code... create_signature() at line 1806
> returns
> > without any action if SIGNPKG does not equal to "y". But SIGNPKG is only
> set
> > to "y" with --sign, no matter what check_buildenv returns.
> >
> > The attached patch fixes this for me.
> >
>
> @Dave: this is fallout of 9dd42dc0. Can you take a look?
>
> Allan
>
>
>
>


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.