Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Allan McRae

Default Support VCS URLs.

At the request of Dave, here are the updated versions of patches sent to the
list earlier.

Support for the following needs readded: CVS, Mercurial, Darcs and Bazaar

Known issue: the pkgver check needs adjusted when using an auto-updating pkgver

Allan McRae (11):
makepkg: remove VCS package support
makepkg: reorder source handling functions
makepkg: add function to return download protocol
makepkg: generalize download_sources
makepkg: skip integrity checking early
makepkg: allow using GIT source URLs
makepkg: fix checksum generation with VCS sources
makepkg: modify get_filename to handle VCS sources
makepkg: modify get_filepath to handle VCS sources
makepkg: provide mechanism for auto-updating pkgver
makepkg: add support for SVN urls

doc/PKGBUILD.5.txt | 64 -----
doc/makepkg.8.txt | 10 -
scripts/makepkg.sh.in | 682 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------

1.7.11.1

Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 27.06.2012 00:58, schrieb Allan McRae:
> At the request of Dave, here are the updated versions of patches sent to the
> list earlier.
>
> Support for the following needs readded: CVS, Mercurial, Darcs and Bazaar
>
> Known issue: the pkgver check needs adjusted when using an auto-updating pkgver

I've used the code from your vcs branch for a bit and it worked quite
well for me with git sources. It is also incredibly useful compared to
the old implementation.

One weird bug: I used a pkgver function like this:

pkgver() {
local myver

}

This failed on the 'myver' variable name, although it is local.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Dave Reisner

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 05:04:52PM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 27.06.2012 00:58, schrieb Allan McRae:
> > At the request of Dave, here are the updated versions of patches sent to the
> > list earlier.
> >
> > Support for the following needs readded: CVS, Mercurial, Darcs and Bazaar
> >
> > Known issue: the pkgver check needs adjusted when using an auto-updating pkgver
>
> I've used the code from your vcs branch for a bit and it worked quite
> well for me with git sources. It is also incredibly useful compared to
> the old implementation.
>
> One weird bug: I used a pkgver function like this:
>
> pkgver() {
> local myver

> }
>
> This failed on the 'myver' variable name, although it is local.

Just as I told you in IRC, the debug log showed that you're trying to
stomp on a read-only var. bash will not let you do this even if its
scoped to a function. We could probably change the name of this var,
e.g. to "makepkg_version", instead of something so foolishly generic.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 12.07.2012 17:15, schrieb Dave Reisner:
> Just as I told you in IRC, the debug log showed that you're trying to
> stomp on a read-only var. bash will not let you do this even if its
> scoped to a function.

Which is stupid and defies the purpose of scoping.

> We could probably change the name of this var,
> e.g. to "makepkg_version", instead of something so foolishly generic.

Exactly.

Why not give ALL variables in makepkg an ugly prefix, so nobody
accidently uses them. This wouldn't hurt the eyes too much when editing
makepkg.in.