-   -   Coordinating https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/InitialExperience with firsboot, anaconda (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/674112-coordinating-https-fedoraproject-org-wiki-features-initialexperience-firsboot-anaconda.html)

"Jasper St. Pierre" 06-15-2012 07:22 PM

Read https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/InitialSetup#line-141

> * Which settings/screens move between anaconda and firsboot/IE (and
> using what mechanism)?

There has always been a plan so that we will skip screens that 'an
installer' has marked as done. Some basic protocol like having a
marker '/var/lib/gnome-iniital-setup/done-pages/location' file is OK
by me.

> * Which settings/screens happen both in firstboot and IE (and on which
> installation paths)? ┬*What code will be shared?

No code will be shared. Talking to people involved in firstboot, they
cannot upgrade to GTK+3, as they have third-party modules from
customers they cannot break. The current goal has been to integrate
existing firstboot screens like third-party things using XEmbed
(GtkPlug/GtkSocket).

> * Which settings will be governed by each desktop environment
> individually?

I don't understand the question.

> How does the transition between per-system and per-user
> settings happen if IE doesn't want the user to log in during the
> process?

g-i-s has plans to set up:

* Keyboard layout / Language
* EULAs
* Timezone / clock
* User account / enterprise login
* Network
* Online Accounts

> * Which parts of the GNOME stack will have to be installed on
> non-GNOME spins, or from the installation DVD when installing a
> non-GNOME desktop only?

I'm quite sure g-i-s will not run on KDE spins.

--
┬* Jasper