Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Kevin Chadwick

Default Manual rankmirrors.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:41:30 +0200
Martti Kühne wrote:

> Could you elaborate on the error messages and why you did what you did, then?
> Seems you left out a significant bit, since I have no comparable error here.

If no-one else hits this then no matter. I might look into improving
rankmirrors one day, if it's not already been done by then. For now I
might just switch to the newer bytemark mirror. I'm guessing it will
be more reliable than UK2s.

From memory

I removed /etc/mtab... can't recall sorry and the errors seem to be
missing from pacman.log. I'm fairly sure it simply said it couldn't
remove /etc/mtab.

I'm guessing it was this that failed on the original run:

upgraded filesystem (2012.2-2 -> 2012.2-4)

Once /etc/mtab was removed it complained about read-only /proc.

I disabled checkspace as it said out of space error because I had
removed /etc/mtab before re-running pacman. Obviously /proc/mounts was
still intact.