Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Brendan Hide

Default Mirroring with Deltas - Established Procedure

Hi all

Is there an established procedure to add deltas to an existing
rsync-maintained mirror server? The tools that come with pacman
(pkgdelta and repo-add) appear to be aimed at maintaining your own
repository rather than with mirroring an existing repository.

--
__________
Brendan Hide

Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Allan McRae

On 05/03/12 08:43, Brendan Hide wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is there an established procedure to add deltas to an existing
> rsync-maintained mirror server? The tools that come with pacman
> (pkgdelta and repo-add) appear to be aimed at maintaining your own
> repository rather than with mirroring an existing repository.

There is no established procedure for this.

Allan

Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Brendan Hide

Is there an established procedure to add deltas to an existing
rsync-maintained mirror server? The tools that come with pacman
(pkgdelta and repo-add) appear to be aimed at maintaining your own
repository rather than with mirroring an existing repository.

There is no established procedure for this.

Allan

Thanks, Allan

I've added a starter page on the wiki which I'll be fleshing out in the
next few weeks. Comments/suggestions/changes welcome:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Zatricky/DeltaMirrorFromNonDelta

--