Old 04-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Allan McRae

Default No error in makepkg when removing deps fails

Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 07:49:38PM +0200, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
>
>> Well, imho this whole method is ugly. We should somehow collect the installed
>> packages, because '-R provision' doesn't work.
>>

> what would be a solution is to store the list of installed pkgs before
> installing any dep then you know what you should remove. at least that's
> what we do in our chroot builds.

I'm looking into how to best do this at the moment. Is "pacman -Qtd"
not enough here given everything is installed using --asdep? Ideally,
pacman would remove the installed dependencies and this check can be
removed.

As Nagy said, the "-R provision" does not work at all. But this does
not seem to be the case in the bug report [1]. From the bug report when
building xine-lib using makechrootpkg:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: openexr: requires mesa

It looks like makepkg/pacman is trying to remove mesa (a makedepend)
before imagemagick (another makedepend that requires openexr). So this
particular case could be fixed by removing mesa from the makedepeds.
I'm looking into whether this is a makepkg's fault or pacman's. I'm
guessing makepkg...

Allan

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10039