Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Keshav P R

Default XfreCommand curl option in pacman.conf and makepkg.conf

Hi,
Using

XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -C - -f -o %o %u

XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -C - -f %u > %o

enables curl to resume downloads to %o , if it is supported. Using
file redirection "> %o" makes curl restart the (partial) downloads
from first. The same goes for makepkg.conf . Please change it.

Regards.

Keshav

Old 01-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Dave Reisner

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 04:13:29PM +0530, Keshav P R wrote:
> Hi,
> Using
>
> XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -C - -f -o %o %u
>
> XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -C - -f %u > %o
>
> enables curl to resume downloads to %o , if it is supported. Using
> file redirection "> %o" makes curl restart the (partial) downloads
> from first. The same goes for makepkg.conf . Please change it.
>
> Regards.
>
> Keshav

We already do this in makepkg.conf. Patches welcome if you want to
update the comment in pacman.conf.