Old 09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Benedikt Morbach

Default Full optdep support with all the bells and whistles

Hi there!

This should implement everything that's listed on this page:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Pacman_OptDepends

I know that this is probably 4.1 material and will most likely need
quite a bit of polish, but I'd like to gather some comments now
before the bit-rot creeps in.

If you like, you can also get the code at https://github.com/moben/pacman
on the optdep branch.

Please take a look and comment.

---
Benedikt

Benedikt Morbach (15):
Split optdep into alpm_depend_t and description
Hook new optdepend structures up
Only display uninstalled optdepends during install/upgrade
Show optdep install status in package info
optdepends are not orphans unless --optdeps is specified
Make package info show optional requirements
Make recursive removal consider optdepends
Show list of optrequires with -Qtdn
Add config option for showing all optdeps again
Warn on optdep removal
Add flag to recurse through optdepends
Show status on optdepends that are part of transaction
Add option to install all optdepends by default
Add option to ask which optdeps to install
Make both HandleOptdeps settings work together

doc/pacman.8.txt | 11 +++
doc/pacman.conf.5.txt | 14 ++++
etc/pacman.conf.in | 3 +
lib/libalpm/add.c | 4 +-