Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Kerrick Staley

Default Added SigLevel parsing code

-Kerrick Staley

Old 07-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Kerrick Staley

I don't know where the summary went, but anyway, this adds parsing to the
conf file for the new SigLevel syntax. There are actually some problems with
the second patch; I'll get it resent shortly. Also, can anyone recommend a
way to easily test a change such as this?

Thanks,
Kerrick Staley

Old 07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Sebastian Nowicki

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Kerrick Staley <mail@kerrickstaley.com> wrote:
> Also, can anyone recommend a way to easily test a change such as this?

Probably not what you want to hear, but you can create a unit test
suite, which would be trivial for a function such as this (no state or
I/O). Pacman/libalpm has functional tests, as described in
./test/pacman/README.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Sebastian Nowicki <sebnow@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Kerrick Staley <mail@kerrickstaley.com> wrote:
>> Also, can anyone recommend a way to easily test a change such as this?
>

> Probably not what you want to hear, but you can create a unit test
> suite, which would be trivial for a function such as this (no state or
> I/O). Pacman/libalpm has functional tests, as described in
> ./test/pacman/README.

We currently have extremely simplistic support for this in pactest,
and it will need some massive improvement in the future. See the
one-liner change I had to make in conf.py (s/VerifySig/SigLevel/), but
we really need to test all aspects of signing and keyrings and all
that, which we currently don't do at all.

-Dan