Old 07-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Yaşar Arabacı

Default Package Quiz

Hi,

I have created a simple package knowledge quiz game with pyalpm and wanted
to share it. It doesn't have a difficulty concept right now so it could get
a little frustrating. You will need to install pyalpm and pyqt in order to
run it. You can find it in the attachment. In order to open, just run
gui.py.

Have fun!

Yaşar Arabacı

Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Dan McGee

2011/7/15 Yaşar Arabacı <yasar11732@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a simple package knowledge quiz game with pyalpm and wanted
> to share it. It doesn't have a difficulty concept right now so it could get
> a little frustrating. You will need to install pyalpm and pyqt in order to
> run it. You can find it in the attachment. In order to open, just run
> gui.py.
>
> Have fun!

This is hilarious. My best score is only 2, the installed size
questions should be bonus points for sure!

-Dan

Old 07-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 15.07.2011 18:35, schrieb Dan McGee:
> 2011/7/15 Yaşar Arabacı <yasar11732@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created a simple package knowledge quiz game with pyalpm and wanted
>> to share it. It doesn't have a difficulty concept right now so it could get
>> a little frustrating. You will need to install pyalpm and pyqt in order to
>> run it. You can find it in the attachment. In order to open, just run
>> gui.py.
>>
>> Have fun!
>
> This is hilarious. My best score is only 2, the installed size
> questions should be bonus points for sure!

Yeah - you should have to guess the installed size and get points
depending on how close you are.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Yaşar Arabacı

Thanks Added that to the list of my feature requests

Have fun!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Dan McGee

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 15.07.2011 18:35, schrieb Dan McGee:
>> 2011/7/15 Yaşar Arabacı <yasar11732@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have created a simple package knowledge quiz game with pyalpm and wanted
>>> to share it. It doesn't have a difficulty concept right now so it could get
>>> a little frustrating. You will need to install pyalpm and pyqt in order to
>>> run it. You can find it in the attachment. In order to open, just run
>>> gui.py.
>>>
>>> Have fun!
>>
>> This is hilarious. My best score is only 2, the installed size
>> questions should be bonus points for sure!
>
> Yeah - you should have to guess the installed size and get points
> depending on how close you are.

Alternatively if the shown answers were always in different orders of
magnitude, it would be a lot easier to take an educated guess. I know
the kernel is in the 50 MB range, but showing 50 MB and 55 MB and
having to choose is very hard. Showing 5/50/500/5000 would make it
more fair.

-Dan

Old 07-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Yaşar Arabacı

For the wrong answer of installed size questions, I used wrong answers in
the range of 0.7 * right_answer and 1.3 * right_answer. I guess that was too
close to actual answer than, I will revise it again

Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Yaro Kasear

On Friday, July 15, 2011 07:27:44 PM Yaşar Arabacı wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a simple package knowledge quiz game with pyalpm and wanted
> to share it. It doesn't have a difficulty concept right now so it could get
> a little frustrating. You will need to install pyalpm and pyqt in order to
> run it. You can find it in the attachment. In order to open, just run
> gui.py.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Yaşar Arabacı

This is very fun. I wonder if I could translate this into regular
C++/Qt/libalpm and make it a featue of my package manager. Perhaps to do
during download/install times?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Yaşar Arabacı

I didn't understand if you are asking permission or wondering if it is
possible (I am not native english speaker.) If first, sure, if second, I am
not sure, but I guess it should work. And also, if you are going to do it, I
would be glad if you mentioned my name.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Yaro Kasear

On Friday, July 15, 2011 08:12:51 PM Yaşar Arabacı wrote:
> I didn't understand if you are asking permission or wondering if it is
> possible (I am not native english speaker.) If first, sure, if second, I am
> not sure, but I guess it should work. And also, if you are going to do it, I
> would be glad if you mentioned my name.
>
> 2011/7/15 Yaro Kasear <yaro@marupa.net>
>
> > On Friday, July 15, 2011 07:27:44 PM Yaşar Arabacı wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have created a simple package knowledge quiz game with pyalpm and
> >
> > wanted
> >
> > > to share it. It doesn't have a difficulty concept right now so it
> > > could
> >
> > get
> >
> > > a little frustrating. You will need to install pyalpm and pyqt in
> > > order

> > > run it. You can find it in the attachment. In order to open, just
> > > run
> > > gui.py.
> > >
> > > Have fun!
> > >
> > > Yaşar Arabacı
> >
> > This is very fun. I wonder if I could translate this into regular
> > C++/Qt/libalpm and make it a featue of my package manager. Perhaps to do
> > during download/install times?

Naturally I would. I'll look into the possibility.