Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Yaşar Arabacı

Default pyalpm transaction initialize

Hi,

I am just trying to figure out the pyalpm. I have no prior knowledge of
libalpm itself.(Since I don't know C). I guess I figured out the most parts
of using it, but I was wondering if someone can give me example usage of
pyalpm.transaction.init() method. Especially the part where I pass arguments
to it. What kind of arguments should I pass to that method? (list, tuple,
kwargs,str??)

I also wonder if I should pass some arguments to pyalpm.transaction.prepare,
or I just use it as it is.

Thanks in advance

Yaşar Arabacı

Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Rémy Oudompheng

On 2011/7/1 Yaşar Arabacı <yasar11732@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just trying to figure out the pyalpm. I have no prior knowledge of
> libalpm itself.(Since I don't know C). I guess I figured out the most parts
> of using it, but I was wondering if someone can give me example usage of
> pyalpm.transaction.init() method. Especially the part where I pass arguments
> to it. What kind of arguments should I pass to that method? *(list, tuple,
> kwargs,str??)
>
> I also wonder if I should pass some arguments to pyalpm.transaction.prepare,
> or I just use it as it is.

Hello,

The pycman scripts provide examples of how to use the pyalpm API. The
code should be self-explanatory.

Regards,
Rémy.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Yaşar Arabacı

Thanks. Reading it now. I feel sorry for myself for not realizing it *_*

By the way, your codes are like a poem. Sometimes even I can't read my
codes. (Now I am sorry for myself again).

Thanks again.

Yaşar Arabacı