Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Allan McRae

Default Rename types from pmfoo_t to alpm_foo_t

On 28/06/11 22:32, Allan McRae wrote:

On 28/06/11 22:17, Dan McGee wrote:

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Allan McRae<allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

After discussion here and on IRC, it was decided that rather than
changing the one struct from alpm_foo_t to pmfoo_t for consistency,
it would instead be better to rename all the other structs to follow
the alpm_foo_t scheme. Given we are pushing towards 4.0, now is the
best (only?) time to do this.

I am not going to send the enitre patchset here as that would just be
overkill. Take a look at the patches in my repo:
http://projects.archlinux.org/users/allan/pacman.git/log/?h=breakshit

Two observations:
1. Where is pmpkg_t?

In with pmtrans_t for some reason... will fix!

2. Does anyone else find "grp" kind of silly? pkg is ubiquitous and at
least less than 50% of the length of package, but I might propose
shifting the type name to "alpm_group_t".

Seems reasonable to me. I can adjust this.

Do we want function names with "grp" in them to be changed too? e.g.
alpm_option_add_ignoregrp, alpm_db_readgrp, alpm_db_get_grpcache, etc...
That can come in a separate patchset.

Allan