Old 06-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Dan McGee

Default Make several struct types public

I was starting to hack a bit today on the files and backup lists we have in the
package to make them a bit more full featured:
* files lists would have mode and size fields
* backup entries would be split ahead of time, like deps and deltas

And realized I didn't want to add another 30 methods to the API just to follow
the current trend. So here is my patch series at reversing the status quo and
bringing a hint of sanity back into how we do things. There are now only four
opaque struct types left, and I don't see those changing anytime soon
(pmhandle_t, pmtrans_t, pmpkg_t, pmdb_t).

Feedback welcome.

Dan McGee (5):
Make pmfileconflict_t type public
Make struct pmconflict_t public
Make pmdepend_t and pmdepmissing_t public
Make pmdelta_t public
Make pmgrp_t public

lib/libalpm/alpm.h | 162 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
lib/libalpm/conflict.c | 42 ------------
lib/libalpm/conflict.h | 13 ----
lib/libalpm/delta.c | 43 ++-----------
lib/libalpm/delta.h | 15 -----
lib/libalpm/deps.c | 38 +-----------
lib/libalpm/deps.h | 15 -----
lib/libalpm/group.c | 12 ----
lib/libalpm/group.h | 7 --
lib/libalpm/sync.c | 10 +--
src/pacman/query.c | 15 ++---
src/pacman/remove.c | 8 +--
src/pacman/sync.c | 36 +++++------
src/pacman/upgrade.c | 28 +++-----
src/util/pactree.c | 8 +-
src/util/testdb.c | 9 +--

1.7.5.4

Old 06-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Allan McRae

I was starting to hack a bit today on the files and backup lists we have in the
package to make them a bit more full featured:
* files lists would have mode and size fields
* backup entries would be split ahead of time, like deps and deltas

And realized I didn't want to add another 30 methods to the API just to follow
the current trend. So here is my patch series at reversing the status quo and
bringing a hint of sanity back into how we do things. There are now only four
opaque struct types left, and I don't see those changing anytime soon
(pmhandle_t, pmtrans_t, pmpkg_t, pmdb_t).

Feedback welcome.

Seems a reasonable thing to do. And now seems a good time to change the
API as much as we want given what is already done.

Allan