Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Allan McRae

Default Fun output when repo db is missing

I just saw this:

allan@mugen ~

allan@mugen ~
> pacman -Su | wc -l
Proceed with installation? [Y/n] n
1148

That is a lot of copies of:
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/allanbrokeit.db: Failed
to open '/var/lib/pacman/sync/allanbrokeit.db'

Allan

Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> I just saw this:
>
> allan@mugen ~
>> sudo mv /var/lib/pacman/sync/allanbrokeit.db{,.bak}
>
> allan@mugen ~
>> pacman -Su | wc -l
> Proceed with installation? [Y/n] n
> 1148
>
> That is a lot of copies of:
> error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/allanbrokeit.db: Failed to
> open '/var/lib/pacman/sync/allanbrokeit.db'

I want to say we could leverage my database is valid patches to make
this suck less- the first time we check the db for validity (including
actual existence) we would throw the error message but be silent from
there on out (and/or abort if that is the prudent step to take).

-Dan