Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Rémy Oudompheng

Default Require handle for alpm_find_grp_pkgs()

On 2011/6/7 Dan McGee <dan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> -alpm_list_t SYMEXPORT *alpm_find_grp_pkgs(alpm_list_t *dbs,
> +alpm_list_t SYMEXPORT *alpm_find_grp_pkgs(pmhandle_t *handle, alpm_list_t *dbs,
> * * * * * * * *const char *name)
> *{
> * * * *alpm_list_t *i, *j, *pkgs = NULL, *ignorelist = NULL;

I don't see where the handle is needed in this function.

Rémy.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/6/7 Dan McGee <dan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> -alpm_list_t SYMEXPORT *alpm_find_grp_pkgs(alpm_list_t *dbs,
>> +alpm_list_t SYMEXPORT *alpm_find_grp_pkgs(pmhandle_t *handle, alpm_list_t *dbs,
>> * * * * * * * *const char *name)
>> *{
>> * * * *alpm_list_t *i, *j, *pkgs = NULL, *ignorelist = NULL;
>
> I don't see where the handle is needed in this function.

It's needed in the subsequent patches that move pm_errno to the
handle; I tried anything to make that one smaller and this was one bit
that could be split out. Barely worth it, I know, but trying every
little bit...

-Dan

Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 08/06/11 08:29, Dan McGee wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
>> <remyoudompheng@gmail.com> *wrote:

>>> I don't see where the handle is needed in this function.
>>
>> It's needed in the subsequent patches that move pm_errno to the
>> handle; I tried anything to make that one smaller and this was one bit
>> that could be split out. Barely worth it, I know, but trying every
>> little bit...
>>

> It that for subsequent patches in this patchset or future patches? *At the
> end of the current patchset, I find these two functions that do not use the
> handle argument:

Bagh, looks like I'm eating my words here.
* alpm_find_grp_pkgs() needed the handle for the QUESTION() call, but
as it is in a loop, we can get that off of the db (or the pkg) for
that matter. So no need for the handle.
* alpm_pkg_should_ignore() looks like one I missed from my original
rough draft; as above the handle can be grabbed from the pkg object.

I'll fix both of these up to their old signatures.

-Dan