FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Kerrick Staley
 
Default Patch: Clean up API

All,

This patch fixes API inconsistencies:

A) All references to PGP were removed within names, because such
reference is unnecessary. All references to GnuPG's home directory
were changed to 'gpgdir' (as opposed to e.g. 'signaturedir'), because
this directory is specific to GnuPG.

B) makepkg and repo-add now use -S/--sign for signing packages. I
didn't find an issue with --nosign and --key.

C) Config file directives were not changed because they make enough
sense as-is. Unlike functions and flags, you don't have to memorize
directives, because they are already given in the config file when you
edit it.

D) A bug was fixed: repo-add previously used the user's GPG directory
when verifying the signature on an old database. It now uses pacman's
directory for this purpose. I added a flag --gpgdir to allow
configuration of this directory.

The patch conflicts with Pang Yan Han's patches. Yan Han, could you
please merge the two patch sets?

Can the patch be reviewed quickly and either accepted or rejected with
suggestions for correction? I realize it should be broken into smaller
patches, but I'm inexperienced with git, and I didn't want to wait
until tomorrow to submit the changes.

The patch is signed-off by: Kerrick Staley <mail@kerrickstaley.com>

-Kerrick Staley
 
Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Rémy Oudompheng
 
Default Patch: Clean up API

On 2011/6/1 Kerrick Staley <mail@kerrickstaley.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> This patch fixes API inconsistencies:
>
> A) All references to PGP were removed within names, because such
> reference is unnecessary. All references to GnuPG's home directory
> were changed to 'gpgdir' (as opposed to e.g. 'signaturedir'), because
> this directory is specific to GnuPG.
>

Hello,

If you do changes in this way it makes sense to also rename handle->sigverify,
and pmdb_t.pgp_verify. Why choose 'sig' over 'pgp' ?

Rémy.
 
Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Pang Yan Han
 
Default Patch: Clean up API

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Kerrick Staley <mail@kerrickstaley.com>wrote:

> The patch conflicts with Pang Yan Han's patches. Yan Han, could you
> please merge the two patch sets


Hi Kerrick, I don't think I'll do this. My patches weren't reviewed much and
there's a chance they're
gonna get rejected.
 
Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Kerrick Staley
 
Default Patch: Clean up API

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/6/1 Kerrick Staley <mail@kerrickstaley.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> This patch fixes API inconsistencies:
>>
>> A) All references to PGP were removed within names, because such
>> reference is unnecessary. All references to GnuPG's home directory
>> were changed to 'gpgdir' (as opposed to e.g. 'signaturedir'), because
>> this directory is specific to GnuPG.
>>
>
> Hello,
>
> If you do changes in this way it makes sense to also rename handle->sigverify,
> and pmdb_t.pgp_verify. Why choose 'sig' over 'pgp' ?
>
> Rémy.
>
>

Rémy,

Thanks, I did not notice those two symbols; I will fix the patch
sometime tomorrow, hopefully.
There were several symbols (e.g. alpm_pkg_check_pgp_signature) in
which "pgp" was unnecessary, so I removed "pgp" from those symbols,
and I changed 'pgp_verify' to 'verifysig' because 'verify' alone
doesn't give enough context. The particular protocol that is used for
implementing signing doesn't need to be mentioned, except when making
specific accommodations for a particular library (in the case of
GnuPG's home directory).

-Kerrick Staley
 
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default Patch: Clean up API

On 01/06/11 15:52, Kerrick Staley wrote:

All,

This patch fixes API inconsistencies:



Please send inline instead of attached so it is easier for us to comment
on relevant sections of the patch.


Also, split the patch up into its components (A-D can probably all be
separated) and create the patches using git. This process is described
in the "submitting-patches" document.


Allan
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org