Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Rémy Oudompheng

Default pyalpm 0.4

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that I tagged version 0.4 of pyalpm.

Pyalpm is a personal project based on initial code by Imanol Celaya to
deliver Python bindings for libalpm. It runs on Python 3.2 (the C
library is probably compatible with Python 3.1) and currently wraps
most of libalpm API from pacman 3.5.

New features since version 0.2 include :
* wrapping of transaction functions (allowing to
install/upgrade/remove packages)
* allowing most libalpm callbacks to be Python functions
* pycman now supports almost all pacman options

Pyalpm also includes a nearly full-featured rewrite of pacman in
python, dubbed "pycman". The goals of "pycman" are multiple:
* be identical in usage with pacman (except for the ugly output and
user non-interaction)
* ensure pyalpm wraps enough functions to be able to develop a package
managing front-end on top of it
* have a quicker overview of source code that replicates pacman's behaviour
* help testing pyalpm with real world usage
* demonstrate code snippets for basic usage of pyalpm
* serve as a basis for quickly hacking a variant of pacman
* provide a Python library that reads and applies settings from pacman.conf

Pyalpm can be found at
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/pyalpm/pyalpm-0.4.tar.gz
(when FTP site will be synchronized) and is meant to be compilable on
other platforms than Archlinux, possibly with modifications to
CPPFLAGS.

A PKGBUILD is available on AUR for Archlinux users.

Regards,
Rémy.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 13.04.2011 23:50, schrieb Rémy Oudompheng:
> Pyalpm can be found at
> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/pyalpm/pyalpm-0.4.tar.gz
> (when FTP site will be synchronized) and is meant to be compilable on
> other platforms than Archlinux, possibly with modifications to
> CPPFLAGS.

Do you have a git tree for it? This should definitely on
projects.archlinux.org.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 13.04.2011 23:50, schrieb Rémy Oudompheng:
>> Pyalpm can be found at
>> * ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/pyalpm/pyalpm-0.4.tar.gz
>> (when FTP site will be synchronized) and is meant to be compilable on
>> other platforms than Archlinux, possibly with modifications to
>> CPPFLAGS.
>
> Do you have a git tree for it? This should definitely on
> projects.archlinux.org.

You mean like http://projects.archlinux.org/users/remy/pyalpm.git/ ?

-Dan