-   -   Community repository trouble in Pacman (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/513304-community-repository-trouble-pacman.html)

Vladyslav Chyzhevskyi 04-12-2011 06:49 PM

Community repository trouble in Pacman

Hello, I have a problem with Community repository in Pacman.
Forever, when I try to update my system, or to install packages from
[Community], Pacman return next error message:

[coirius@atom ~]$ sudo pacman -S hwinfo
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db: (Empty
error message)
error: target not found: hwinfo

Who knowns how to resorve this trouble?
Thx.

Dan McGee 04-12-2011 07:04 PM

Community repository trouble in Pacman

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Vladyslav Chyzhevskyi
<coirius@coirius.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem with Community repository in Pacman.
> Forever, when I try to update my system, or to install packages from
> [Community], Pacman return next error message:
>
> [coirius@atom ~]$ sudo pacman -S hwinfo
> error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db: (Empty
> error message)
> error: target not found: hwinfo
>
> Who knowns how to resorve this trouble?

This is much more of a question for arch-general or the forums then
here on the development list, but you should probably try `pacman -Sy`
first. If that doesn't produce any output saying it is updating
community, then something else is wrong.

-Dan