Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Xavier Chantry

Default alpm/handle.c: ensure handle is not NULL before proceeding

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/3/28 Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many alpm_option_get/set_*() functions already check this
>> and set pm_errno to the right value, but not all, so
>> this improves consistency.
>
> I just noticed the ASSERT..RET_ERR construct, should it be the
> preferred way of implementing such things ?

I was going to say a macro would be nice for that repetitive stuff.

And indeed we already have them and there is already that code :
ASSERT(handle != NULL, RET_ERR(PM_ERR_HANDLE_NULL, -1));