-   -   heads-up - master branch compile failure with gcc-4.6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/506021-heads-up-master-branch-compile-failure-gcc-4-6-a.html)

Allan McRae 03-26-2011 09:03 PM

heads-up - master branch compile failure with gcc-4.6

On 26/03/11 12:52, Allan McRae wrote:

Just a heads-up that the upcoming gcc-4.6 release will cause a build
failure when building with --enable-debug (which sets -Werror...)

be_package.c: In function 'pkg_load':
be_package.c:257:7: error: variable 'ret' set but not used
[-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Clearly something on the TODO list anyway!

/* TODO: do something with ret value */
ret = _alpm_load_signature(pgpfile, &(newpkg->pgpsig));

Similar thing in db.c. You can grab a "fix" from my working branch
until this gets properly dealt with.

Allan

Dan McGee 03-28-2011 01:43 AM

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 26/03/11 12:52, Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> Just a heads-up that the upcoming gcc-4.6 release will cause a build
>> failure when building with --enable-debug (which sets -Werror...)
>>
>> be_package.c: In function 'pkg_load':
>> be_package.c:257:7: error: variable 'ret' set but not used
>> [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
>> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
>>

>> Clearly something on the TODO list anyway!
>>
>> /* TODO: do something with ret value */
>> ret = _alpm_load_signature(pgpfile, &(newpkg->pgpsig));
>>

> Similar thing in db.c. * *You can grab a "fix" from my working branch until
> this gets properly dealt with.

I don't think you ever pushed this fix anywhere.

-Dan