-   -   Released version 3.0.3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/505804-released-version-3-0-3-a.html)

Rémy Oudompheng 03-26-2011 09:26 AM

Released version 3.0.3

Hello,

I have released and packaged namcap 3.0.3. It includes Dan's patches
for the PKGBUILD analysis and a fix for the dangling symlink
detection.

I hope this will be the last bugfix release before the move from
[testing] to [extra].

Regards,
Rémy.

Eric Bélanger 03-27-2011 07:49 AM

Released version 3.0.3

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have released and packaged namcap 3.0.3. It includes Dan's patches
> for the PKGBUILD analysis and a fix for the dangling symlink
> detection.
>
> I hope this will be the last bugfix release before the move from
> [testing] to [extra].
>
> Regards,
> Rémy.

Hi,

I'm still getting this false positive:
PKGBUILD (wxsvg) W: Non standard variable 'fvwm_icon_width' doesn't
start with an underscore

Wasn't Dan's patch supposed to fix that?

Eric

Rémy Oudompheng 03-27-2011 09:54 AM

Released version 3.0.3

On 2011/3/27 Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still getting this false positive:
> PKGBUILD (wxsvg) W: Non standard variable 'fvwm_icon_width' doesn't
> start with an underscore
>
> Wasn't Dan's patch supposed to fix that?

No, Dan's patch is for variables declared in the PKGBUILD, it does not
ignore environment variables. I suggest two possible fixes:
* add a "/usr/bin/env -i" in /usr/bin/parsepkgbuild so that it ignores
your environment
* modify also the Python code to check that the name of the culprit
variable actually exists in the PKGBUILD

Maybe both.

Rémy.

Dan McGee 03-27-2011 07:13 PM

Released version 3.0.3

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/3/27 Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm still getting this false positive:
>> PKGBUILD (wxsvg) W: Non standard variable 'fvwm_icon_width' doesn't
>> start with an underscore
>>
>> Wasn't Dan's patch supposed to fix that?
>
> No, Dan's patch is for variables declared in the PKGBUILD, it does not
> ignore environment variables. I suggest two possible fixes:
> * add a "/usr/bin/env -i" in /usr/bin/parsepkgbuild so that it ignores
> your environment
> * modify also the Python code to check that the name of the culprit
> variable actually exists in the PKGBUILD
>
> Maybe both.

The first seems like the more correct solution here.

-Dan