Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Dave Reisner

Default Replacing wget with curl in makepkg

The attached patch proposes to replace wget with curl as the default
DLAGENT in makepkg for http, https, and ftp. This seems like the
sane choice given our switch from fetch to curl.

dave

Old 03-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Allan McRae

The attached patch proposes to replace wget with curl as the default
DLAGENT in makepkg for http, https, and ftp. This seems like the
sane choice given our switch from fetch to curl.

Seems reasonable to me.

Allan

Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Sebastian Nowicki

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:

> The attached patch proposes to replace wget with curl as the default
> DLAGENT in makepkg for http, https, and ftp. This seems like the
> sane choice given our switch from fetch to curl.
>
> dave

+1

For some reason on Mac OS X (at least 10.5) there is no wget by default, so
I guess that's another reason to move to curl.