Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM

Default Let's start the work for 3.5.0 release

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:33:17 -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
> We're using transifex this time around, and going cold turkey, so I
> won't even look at translations submitted here.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/doc/translation-help.txt
>
> The transifex help and the tx client will likely be your friend here.
> `tx pull` and `tx push -t -l en_GB` were two commands I used to try
> this whole system out. As I mentioned earlier, you will need
> transifex-client-hg (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45787)
> from the AUR.
>
> Questions- send them to the list. Translations- please do not.
>
> -Dan

Too tired right now, but I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow.

Matt

Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM, <matthias@archlinux.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:33:17 -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
>> We're using transifex this time around, and going cold turkey, so I
>> won't even look at translations submitted here.
>>
>> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/doc/translation-help.txt
>>
>> The transifex help and the tx client will likely be your friend here.
>> `tx pull` and `tx push -t -l en_GB` were two commands I used to try
>> this whole system out. As I mentioned earlier, you will need
>> transifex-client-hg (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45787)
>> from the AUR.
>>
>> Questions- send them to the list. Translations- please do not.
>>
>> -Dan
>
> Too tired right now, but I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow.

Of course- no rush, I should mention. I expect this to be at least a
week of feeling the new system out and working out any kinks we come
across.

-Dan

Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Xavier Chantry

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're using transifex this time around, and going cold turkey, so I
> won't even look at translations submitted here.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/doc/translation-help.txt
>
> The transifex help and the tx client will likely be your friend here.
> `tx pull` and `tx push -t -l en_GB` were two commands I used to try
> this whole system out. As I mentioned earlier, you will need
> transifex-client-hg (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45787)
> from the AUR.
>
> Questions- send them to the list. Translations- please do not.

Translators can just go read the section for Translators on
http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/client/index.html
$ mkdir tx-project && cd tx-project
$ tx init
$ tx set --auto-remote http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/archlinux-pacman

Then eg for french, download with
$ tx pull -l fr
update / check both po files and push with
$ tx push -t -l fr

Old 03-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're using transifex this time around, and going cold turkey, so I
> won't even look at translations submitted here.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/doc/translation-help.txt
>
> The transifex help and the tx client will likely be your friend here.
> `tx pull` and `tx push -t -l en_GB` were two commands I used to try
> this whole system out. As I mentioned earlier, you will need
> transifex-client-hg (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45787)
> from the AUR.
>
> Questions- send them to the list. Translations- please do not.

OK- we have most of them in, I'm going to set a deadline of this
Sunday (March 13) so we can release early next week. Here is the
status:
http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/archlinux-pacman/r/3-5-0/

-Dan

Old 03-11-2011, 03:12 AM