It is time for a major release; we've had a bunch of stuff baking in
master for a while that should get out to the masses.
Open/pending release blockers:
* Local database sanity check- ensure we are operating on an updated
pacman database. I will have a potential patch for this shortly.
* Allan's pkghash branch and work. This should be good to go, we were
just sorting out a few lingering issues.
* soprovides/sodeps. This may/may not make it, depending upon how fast
we can reach consensus and compromise. I'm hopeful.
* Translation doings. We need to get Transifex updated a tad now that
they have changed the way things work on their end, and make sure we
can handle everything through their interface. If anyone wants to head
this up, please let me know. This is *not* a call for translations.
* Just *one* person to step up and not be lazy:
* makepkg bug: gives "WARNING: Package contains reference to $srcdir"
for packages with no files!
* update NEWS/README
There is nothing else I consider a blocker at the moment. There are a
couple of bug reports/feature requests on the tracker with patches
available which would be nice to clear if everybody's time permits.