Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

Default Bring in official color support at last?

Hey,

I'm not vogo but I know he's been trying to get his work upstream since
3 years and was rejected last time in order to wait for pacman 3.1. We
passed that long ago and I think pacman-color should be given another
chance to go upstream.
The AUR package with the patch is here:

It is a rather popular package so it might make a fine addition.

-- Sven-Hendrik

Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>wrote:

> I'm not vogo but I know he's been trying to get his work upstream since
> 3 years and was rejected last time in order to wait for pacman 3.1. We
> passed that long ago and I think pacman-color should be given another
> chance to go upstream.
> The AUR package with the patch is here:
>
> It is a rather popular package so it might make a fine addition.

Please. I don't work on pacman but the color makes a *huge* difference in
readability and decreases the amount of time I need to parse the output
drastically. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Vojtěch Gondžala

I'm not vogo but I know he's been trying to get his work upstream since
3 years and was rejected last time in order to wait for pacman 3.1. We
passed that long ago and I think pacman-color should be given another
chance to go upstream.
The AUR package with the patch is here:

It is a rather popular package so it might make a fine addition.

-- Sven-Hendrik

Hi,

I'm not sure that the patch is ideal for upstream, it's need little bit
refactor. I'm too busy to do it now, but next release is far. I can do
some changes at the weekend, if other developers want accept this patch.

--
Vojtěch "vogo" Gondžala