Old 02-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Xavier

Default file owners and symlinks

bash-3.2$ pacman -Ql jre jdk | grep "/java$"
jre /opt/java/jre/bin/java
jdk /opt/java/bin/java

bash-3.2$ ls -l /opt/java/bin/java
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 oct 4 22:59
/opt/java/bin/java -> ../jre/bin/java

bash-3.2$ LANG=C pacman -Qo /opt/java/jre/bin/java
/opt/java/jre/bin/java is owned by jdk 6u3-1

The -Qo operation calls realpath on both sides, and
realpath(/opt/java/bin/java) = /opt/java/jre/bin/java,
so it returns that /opt/java/jre/bin/java is owned by jdk, while in
fact, jdk only owns a symlink that points to it.

I think that realpath should only be called on the path (== dirname),
not the whole thing (dirname + basename).
That is, /opt/java/bin/ should be resolved, but not the java symlink itself.

For implementing that, I would need a dirname function though. For
basename, we have a mbasename function that was grabbed from uClibc
source. Btw, what is the m for?
And could we have mdirname also?