Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 PM
fancris3

Default pacman -S on already installed package doesn't ask for reinstall

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:27:51 -0000, Roman Kyrylych
<roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> # pacman -S ttf-ms-fonts
> warning: ttf-ms-fonts-2.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
>
> It was asking user for confirmation before which I think was logical,
> because if user just forgot he/she has this package installed - this
> would allow to avoid creating of unnecessary .pacnew files.
>
> Either I missed this change or forgot about it.
> Could someone enlighten me why this was done?

-w, --downloadonly download packages but do not install/upgrade
anything

[~]:: sudo pacman -Sw ttf-dejavu
warning: ttf-dejavu-2.22-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...