Old 01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Xavier

Default problems with string freeze or i'm doing something wrong?

Joćo Felipe Santos wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I finished the message translation to pt_BR (using the final .po files
> released with the string freeze) and wanted to test it to see if
> everything was ok. So, I compiled pacman from a git clone with my .po
> files and ran it. When I tried a 'pacman -Si pacman', the messages
> "Optional Deps", "Packager", "Architecture", "Build Date" and "MD5
> sum" were in English, and all the other strings in Portuguese. The
> options showed when doing a "pacman --help" were in English, too. Was
> this noticed by another translator? Maybe I'm doing something wrong
> when compiling.
>
> Thanks
> jfsantos

I already answered on IRC, but just for the record, you need to install
the locales in your system for testing them.
There are quick instructions in translation-help file for it (just copy
the two translation files to the correct place).