-   -   pacman 3.1.0: new repositories=( ... ) syntax (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/40364-pacman-3-1-0-new-repositories-syntax.html)

Xavier 01-17-2008 11:29 PM

Fabiano Furtado Pessoa Coelho wrote:
> People,
>
> Pacman 3.1.0 has a new common "mirrorlist" repository structure like
>
> [core]
> # Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>
> [extra]
> # Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>

> Is there a way to change this syntax to this one (like rc.conf) below?
>
> REPOSITORIES=(!testing core extra community !unstable)
>
> I think it will simplify pacman.conf file.

You could maybe have a look at the bug report where this was discussed :
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6389

So that looks nice, but we would still need the current structure for
unofficial repositories.

"Aaron Griffin" 01-18-2008 05:00 PM

pacman 3.1.0: new repositories=( ... ) syntax

On Jan 17, 2008 6:23 PM, Fabiano Furtado Pessoa Coelho
<fusca14@gmail.com> wrote:
> People,
>
> Pacman 3.1.0 has a new common "mirrorlist" repository structure like
>
> [core]
> # Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>
> [extra]
> # Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>

> Is there a way to change this syntax to this one (like rc.conf) below?
>
> REPOSITORIES=(!testing core extra community !unstable)
>
> I think it will simplify pacman.conf file.

Hm, I'd say no here. The pacman.conf file follows the very simple INI
format, but ALSO allows one to expand a given section by adding severs
above the include.

Do you have a way to do that? Say I wanted to add a Sever = http://foo
to just extra.