Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

Default pacman spanish

2008/1/16, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> HI! as i promised, i send you the es.po file for pacman. I hope on time to the
> next release.

In your es.po file for pacman, I see 447 messages instead of 438.

--
Giovanni Scafora
Arch Linux Trusted User (voidnull)

Old 01-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Juan Pablo Gonzalez

El Wednesday 16 January 2008 14:08:26 Giovanni Scafora escribió:
> 2008/1/16, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> > HI! as i promised, i send you the es.po file for pacman. I hope on time
> > to the next release.
>
> In your es.po file for pacman, I see 447 messages instead of 438.

the file is updated based on
http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/pacman/es.po

seems that merge tool did'nt work as spected. I have a traduction with 441
messages (attached to this mail) and the tool generates a file with 447. How
can i update this file to "delete" some messages to fit into 438?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Xavier

Juan Pablo Gonzalez wrote:
> El Wednesday 16 January 2008 14:08:26 Giovanni Scafora escribió:
>> 2008/1/16, Juan Pablo Gonzalez<lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
>>> HI! as i promised, i send you the es.po file for pacman. I hope on time
>>> to the next release.
>> In your es.po file for pacman, I see 447 messages instead of 438.
>
> the file is updated based on
> http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/pacman/es.po
>
> seems that merge tool did'nt work as spected. I have a traduction with 441
> messages (attached to this mail) and the tool generates a file with 447. How
> can i update this file to "delete" some messages to fit into 438?

Indeed, this file contains 9 unused messages, but this is not a problem.
For example, if we added these 9 messages back in pacman 3.2, you would
already have these translations, so no work to do
However, we probably won't do that, so these 9 messages at the end of
the po file could also be simply removed.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Jan 16, 2008 11:08 AM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/16, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> > HI! as i promised, i send you the es.po file for pacman. I hope on time to the
> > next release.
>
> In your es.po file for pacman, I see 447 messages instead of 438.

Extra messages are not a big deal at all- as long as all the existing
messages are translated we are fine.

-Dan

Old 01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Juan Pablo Gonzalez

El Wednesday 16 January 2008 16:14:41 Dan McGee escribió:
> On Jan 16, 2008 11:08 AM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2008/1/16, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> > > HI! as i promised, i send you the es.po file for pacman. I hope on time
> > > to the next release.
> >
> > In your es.po file for pacman, I see 447 messages instead of 438.
>
> Extra messages are not a big deal at all- as long as all the existing
> messages are translated we are fine.
well, just in case, i attach the files with the exact # of messages. This is
the final version. Please incorporate to the git. Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/1/16, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> well, just in case, i attach the files with the exact # of messages. This is
> the final version. Please incorporate to the git. Thanks

Added to my local branch.
Thanks for your contribution.