Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Denis A. Alto Falqueto

Default How to test pacman

Hi,

I'm starting to get an implementation for package siging and I would
like an advice about how to test pacman without having to put it in my
real system. Do you have an full virtual machine or just an chroot
would suffice?

Just for information, I want to test pacman-key, makepkg and repo-add
to see if they can generate some valid contents. I've changed makepkg
and repo-add to accept an optional key parameter, so that we can
choose what key will be used. And I'm investigating how to use gpg
directly, without gpgme, because the last is not very flexible. I'm
learning about fork and execl for that matter and I believe that a
initial implementation is nearer than what I've thought.

By the way, I saw that Allan's branch gpg is updated, isn't it? Very
good, so we don't lag behind.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?