Old 01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Xavier

Default libalpm spanish

Juan Pablo González T. wrote:
> hi! i was talking with Matthias Gorissen, he told me
> about the unupdated translation of pacman. well. this
> mail is for send you an updated spanish translation for
> libalpm.
> We are working on the pacman translation. But we have
> one question about the dates.
> what is the limit date to send you the translation?
> greetings!

We should get a release as fast as possible due to our delicate position
with bug 9171. We told packagers to update their packages with versioned
provisions, but we had to change the syntax of versioned provisions
because it didn't work correctly.
So a few packagers need pacman 3.1.1 in order to fix their packages and
have all dependencies work correctly again. Many users are complaining
every day about kdemod or cairo-lcd being broken..

I am not the one to decide, but I think if you can't make it in time, we
could make another 3.1.2 release for these translations. So no big deal.
Another note, the first part of the pacman translation is more
important, because this concerns pacman itself. The second part
(beginning at line 1191) is the translation of the scripts.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
"Dan McGee"

Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/1/15, Juan Pablo González T. <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> hi! i was talking with Matthias Gorissen, he told me
> about the unupdated translation of pacman. well. this
> mail is for send you an updated spanish translation for
> libalpm.
> We are working on the pacman translation.

I have not put yet that es.po into my local tree, because it's outdated.
In your es.po, I see 145 messages instead of 141.
Please, get a new es.po at
http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/libalpm/es.po
Same thing for pacman's es.po at
http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/pacman/es.po
Thanks.

--
Giovanni Scafora
Arch Linux Trusted User (voidnull)

Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Jan 15, 2008 2:02 PM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/15, Juan Pablo González T. <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> > hi! i was talking with Matthias Gorissen, he told me
> > about the unupdated translation of pacman. well. this
> > mail is for send you an updated spanish translation for
> > libalpm.
> > We are working on the pacman translation.
>
> I have not put yet that es.po into my local tree, because it's outdated.
> In your es.po, I see 145 messages instead of 141.
> Please, get a new es.po at
> http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/libalpm/es.po
> Same thing for pacman's es.po at
> http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/pacman/es.po
> Thanks.

msgmerge --update old_es.po new_es.po

This command should merge your old messages into the new file (with
the new linenumbers and such).

From there it should be quite straightforward.

Giovanni- the above may work great for ensuring line numbering changes
do not sneak into the commits. Simply merge the submissions against
the po files I provided.

-Dan

Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Juan Pablo Gonzalez

> 2008/1/15, Juan Pablo González T. <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> > hi! i was talking with Matthias Gorissen, he told me
> > about the unupdated translation of pacman. well. this
> > mail is for send you an updated spanish translation for
> > libalpm.
> > We are working on the pacman translation.
>
> I have not put yet that es.po into my local tree, because it's outdated.
> In your es.po, I see 145 messages instead of 141.
> Please, get a new es.po at
> http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/libalpm/es.po
> Same thing for pacman's es.po at
> http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/pacman/es.po
> Thanks.
here's the updated file for libalpm.
I think that we wil have the es.po for pacman for tomorrow
greetings!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Matthias Gorissen

Ooops - and how did you do that?

It may be my fault, but for the latest versions, poedit tells me that .pot,
cs_CZ, de, en_GB have all 145 strings, while .hu and .it have 146.

Did I miss something?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/1/15, Matthias Gorissen <matthias@archlinux.de>:
> It may be my fault, but for the latest versions, poedit tells me that .pot,
> cs_CZ, de, en_GB have all 145 strings, while .hu and .it have 146.

Your files are OK.
I see 141 messages into libalpm cs_CZ.po and 438 messages into pacman cs_CZ.po

Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/1/15, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <lord_jotape@yahoo.com.ar>:
> here's the updated file for libalpm.
> I think that we wil have the es.po for pacman for tomorrow

Well, this is OK.