Old 01-11-2008, 09:36 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

Default Italian translation update

Hi,

here's a patch fixing 2 fuzzy translation and adding 1 new message.
Thanks.

--
Giovanni Scafora
Arch Linux Trusted User (voidnull)

Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Jan 11, 2008 4:36 PM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's a patch fixing 2 fuzzy translation and adding 1 new message.
> Thanks.

I really appreciate your efforts- but I'm not going to merge this just yet.

http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/translation-help.html (the section on
Pre-release updates)

I would rather hold off for updating translations with this few
corrections until a string freeze before a release, simply because
more things will change here before we release 3.1.1 (I already have
some string changes on my local working branches I'm sure).

If you keep these incremental updates in a local working branch and
submit a patch when I call for a string freeze, that would be awesome.
You are encouraged to submit a GIT patch at this time if you know how
to, which you clearly do.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you are interested in
possibly being our translation lieutenant.

-Dan

Old 01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

2008/1/12, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
> I really appreciate your efforts- but I'm not going to merge this just yet.

OK, no problem.

> http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/translation-help.html (the section on
> Pre-release updates)

I'm reading that right now.

> I would rather hold off for updating translations with this few
> corrections until a string freeze before a release, simply because
> more things will change here before we release 3.1.1 (I already have
> some string changes on my local working branches I'm sure).

OK, well.
BTW, my latest patch was generated against your local working branch.

> If you keep these incremental updates in a local working branch and
> submit a patch when I call for a string freeze, that would be awesome.
> You are encouraged to submit a GIT patch at this time if you know how
> to, which you clearly do.

I'll wait for next call for a string freeze.

> Let me know if you have any questions, or if you are interested in
> possibly being our translation lieutenant.

Yeah, I'm interested in being your translation lieutenant.
Thanks a lot.