-   -   Some undocumented things (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/32146-some-undocumented-things.html)

"Dan McGee" 01-08-2008 04:16 PM

Some undocumented things

On Jan 8, 2008 10:55 AM, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:

> > Good call. I'll change it to "ABS removed from pacman package" or something.
> >
> > Any other NEWS updates while we are at it? Speak up today, please.
> >
> > -Dan
>
> 1. I did a quick compare between _parseconfig and pacman.conf manual, I found
> the following undocumented keys:
> -ILoveCandy (what's this ?;-)
> -UseColor
> -UpgradeDelay

Anyone is free to write documentation, I feel like I've about done my share...

> 2. Some notes for pacman manual:
> -S documentation is not complete (groups!, providers)
> -R group is also missing

Same as above...

Even if it isn't perfect English, it saves me time. Just write it to
the style of already-documented options, I'll fix up the grammar.

-Dan

Nagy Gabor 01-08-2008 04:21 PM

Some undocumented things

Idézés Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:

> On Jan 8, 2008 10:55 AM, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> > >
> > > Good call. I'll change it to "ABS removed from pacman package" or
> something.
> > >
> > > Any other NEWS updates while we are at it? Speak up today, please.
> > >
> > > -Dan
> >
> > 1. I did a quick compare between _parseconfig and pacman.conf manual, I
> found
> > the following undocumented keys:
> > -ILoveCandy (what's this ?;-)
> > -UseColor
> > -UpgradeDelay
>
> Anyone is free to write documentation, I feel like I've about done my
> share...
>
> > 2. Some notes for pacman manual:
> > -S documentation is not complete (groups!, providers)
> > -R group is also missing
>
> Same as above...
>
> Even if it isn't perfect English, it saves me time. Just write it to
> the style of already-documented options, I'll fix up the grammar.

Sorry, I cannot do this today (<- I announce this to avoid waiting for me --
pacman is released soon), because I'm writing from a windows terminal of a
library...

Bye

Nathan Jones 01-08-2008 04:48 PM

Some undocumented things

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:55:30PM +0100, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> 1. I did a quick compare between _parseconfig and pacman.conf manual, I found
> the following undocumented keys:
> -ILoveCandy (what's this ?;-)

It is a little easter egg. I don't think there is any need to document
it.

> -UseColor

Currently doesn't do anything; no need to document it either.

> -UpgradeDelay

Never noticed that one before, had to look through the code to see
what it did. It's actually a pretty neat feature.

> 2. Some notes for pacman manual:
> -S documentation is not complete (groups!, providers)
> -R group is also missing

I'll try to add these plus the UpgradeDelay within the hour.