FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Pacman Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
"Travis Willard"
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

Hey guys,

I noticed .FILELIST was recently removed from package files with the latest pacman-git update I did (from 20071209-1 to 20080102-1) and now namcap says packages generated with the new version of makepkg aren't really packages.* Is this because of the loss of .FILELIST?


I'd dig in, but I know zero python, and I'm hoping somebody a little more familiar with the language would be able to come up with something quicker than I would.

--
Travis

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 
Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Xavier
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

Travis Willard wrote:

Hey guys,

I noticed .FILELIST was recently removed from package files with the latest
pacman-git update I did (from 20071209-1 to 20080102-1) and now namcap says
packages generated with the new version of makepkg aren't really packages.
Is this because of the loss of .FILELIST?

I'd dig in, but I know zero python, and I'm hoping somebody a little more
familiar with the language would be able to come up with something quicker
than I would.



I know zero python too, so I could be wrong, but it seems like it
doesn't do anything with that FILELIST.
And anyway, I disabled the parts related to this file, and namcap still
works as expected.
_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 
Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
"Travis Willard"
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

On Jan 5, 2008 11:46 AM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Travis Willard wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I noticed .FILELIST was recently removed from package files with the latest
> > pacman-git update I did (from 20071209-1 to 20080102-1) and now namcap says
> > packages generated with the new version of makepkg aren't really packages.
> > Is this because of the loss of .FILELIST?
> >
> > I'd dig in, but I know zero python, and I'm hoping somebody a little more
> > familiar with the language would be able to come up with something quicker
> > than I would.
> >
>
> I know zero python too, so I could be wrong, but it seems like it
> doesn't do anything with that FILELIST.
> And anyway, I disabled the parts related to this file, and namcap still
> works as expected.
>

Well, something's different.

Making the latest devilspie package with the current pacman-git:

-----------------------8<-----------------------------8<---------------------------------------
$ cd archlinux/repos/extra/x11/devilspie/
$ ls
CVS PKGBUILD
$ pacman -Q pacman-git
pacman-git 20080102-1
$ rm -f /home/travis/archlinux/pkg/devilspie-0.22-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
$ makepkg
==> Making package: devilspie 0.22-1 (Sat Jan 5 12:17:47 EST 2008)

... Makepkg does its thing ...

==> Creating package...
-> Generating .PKGINFO file...
-> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: devilspie (Sat Jan 5 12:17:58 EST 2008)
$ namcap ~/archlinux/pkg/devilspie-0.22-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
Error: /home/travis/archlinux/pkg/devilspie-0.22-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz is not a
package
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/namcap", line 132, in <module>
for j in pkgtar.getmembers():
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'getmembers'

-----------------------8<-----------------------------8<---------------------------------------

And now, using the previous version of pacman-git that was in my cache:

-----------------------8<-----------------------------8<---------------------------------------

$ pacman -Uf /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pacman-git-20071209-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
loading package data... done.
checking dependencies...
warning: /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist installed as /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew
(1/1) upgrading pacman-git
[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
100%
$ rm -f /home/travis/archlinux/pkg/devilspie-0.22-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
$ makepkg
==> Making package: devilspie 0.22-1 (Sat Jan 5 12:19:22 EST 2008)

... Makepkg does its thing ...

==> Creating package...
-> Generating .FILELIST file...
-> Generating .PKGINFO file...
-> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: devilspie (Sat Jan 5 12:19:33 EST 2008)
$ namcap ~/archlinux/pkg/devilspie-0.22-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
$

-----------------------8<-----------------------------8<---------------------------------------

So maybe it's not that .FILELIST is missing, but that's the only
difference I noticed between the two archives.

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 
Old 01-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Xavier
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

Travis Willard wrote:

> So maybe it's not that .FILELIST is missing, but that's the only
> difference I noticed between the two archives.
>

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Yes, the problem is that .FILELIST is missing.
Look at my patch, the only thing it does is disabling the check for
.FILELIST.
After that, namcap works fine.

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 
Old 01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
"Travis Willard"
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

On Jan 5, 2008 12:29 PM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Travis Willard wrote:
>
> > So maybe it's not that .FILELIST is missing, but that's the only
> > difference I noticed between the two archives.
> >
>
> Sorry if it wasn't clear. Yes, the problem is that .FILELIST is missing.
> Look at my patch, the only thing it does is disabling the check for
> .FILELIST.
> After that, namcap works fine.

Oh, I'm an idiot. I didn't even see your attached patch. *facepalm*
Sorry about that.

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 
Old 01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
"Travis Willard"
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

On Jan 5, 2008 12:32 PM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 12:29 PM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Travis Willard wrote:
> >
> > > So maybe it's not that .FILELIST is missing, but that's the only
> > > difference I noticed between the two archives.
> > >
> >
> > Sorry if it wasn't clear. Yes, the problem is that .FILELIST is missing.
> > Look at my patch, the only thing it does is disabling the check for
> > .FILELIST.
> > After that, namcap works fine.
>
> Oh, I'm an idiot. I didn't even see your attached patch. *facepalm*
> Sorry about that.
>

OK, after trying your patch it seems namcap does still work
peachy-keen. You're awesome, Xavier. *bow*

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 
Old 01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default Lack of .FILELIST seems to break namcap

On Jan 5, 2008 11:39 AM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 12:32 PM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Jan 5, 2008 12:29 PM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Travis Willard wrote:
> > >
> > > > So maybe it's not that .FILELIST is missing, but that's the only
> > > > difference I noticed between the two archives.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Sorry if it wasn't clear. Yes, the problem is that .FILELIST is missing.
> > > Look at my patch, the only thing it does is disabling the check for
> > > .FILELIST.
> > > After that, namcap works fine.
> >
> > Oh, I'm an idiot. I didn't even see your attached patch. *facepalm*
> > Sorry about that.
> >
>
> OK, after trying your patch it seems namcap does still work
> peachy-keen. You're awesome, Xavier. *bow*

I sent a patch off to Jason yesterday about this, ha. I should have
CCed the list too. It is all but identical to Xavier's.

-Dan

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
pacman-dev@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org