Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 PM
"Dan McGee"

Default %REPLACES% doesn't appear in localdb

On Jan 9, 2008 6:24 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008 6:10 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I have to admit I was also a bit confused by the whole discussion, but
> > > didn't speak up because it looked like a minor problem.
> > >
> > > To answer your question, it's actually rather easy. get_replaces is
> > > really just used once, and that is in find_replacements.
> > > find_replacements is only used for the -Su operation, and has 0 effect
> > > on conflict and dependency resolving.

> > > lib/libalpm/package.c:
> > > alpm_list_t SYMEXPORT *alpm_pkg_get_replaces(pmpkg_t *pkg)
> > > lib/libalpm/package.c:
> > > newpkg->replaces = alpm_list_strdup(alpm_pkg_get_replaces(pkg));
> > > lib/libalpm/sync.c:
> > > for(k = alpm_pkg_get_replaces(spkg); k; k = k->next) {
> > >
> > > And it's called on spkg, so a sync pkg, in a sync database.
> >
> > Patches welcome from anyone, this shouldn't be a hard fix. Thanks for
> > looking into the details, Xavier.
>
> Bam? http://code.phraktured.net/?p=pacman.git;a=shortlog;h=woot

409 /* the REPLACES tag is special --
it only appears in sync repositories,
410 * not the local one. */

^^ We should probably get rid of that misleading comment too. And why
we are at it, any reason not to store that FORCE tag too? It seems
like it could be useful information (knowing that this package was
force-sysupgraded). If we do that, then we don't have any if(local)
constructs left.

-Dan