Old 03-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Allan McRae

Default Copyright notices in pacman code

Hi all,

I was looking through makepkg for areas that need tidied before the
upcoming(!) release when I noticed the copyright notice in the version
output is is "2002-2007 Judd Vinet". (Note it is 2002-2008 in the
header.) So I went to add Dan here for the newer years (being the
current project lead - that way I can blame him when I break
something...). Then I did a "grep -R Copyright *" and noticed there is
a lot that has been altered that has not had copyrights updated. I
don't know what the best practice with this should be. Should someone
make a big patch bumps the copyright years and adds new lines as necessary?

BTW, this is my favourite line:
lib/libalpm/po/it.po:# Copyright (C) 2007 THE libalpm'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER

Allan

Old 03-09-2009, 04:52 AM
Brendan Hide

Allan McRae wrote:

Then I did a "grep -R Copyright *"

I assume 'grep -iER "(c)|copy.*right" *' produced the exact same results?

that way I can blame him when I break something.
BTW, this is my favourite line:
lib/libalpm/po/it.po:# Copyright (C) 2007 THE libalpm'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER

Lol