Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Nagy Gabor

Default Remove pmsyncpkg_t

Hi!

Since the patch is quite long and it depends on my working branch, I
don't send it here directly. It can be found in my repo (it is a new
branch): http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman-ng.git

---quote---
Remove pmsyncpkg_t

pmsyncpkg_t data sructure was removed:
1. pmpkg_t.reason is used instead of pmsyncpkg_t.newreason. (The target
packages come from sync repos, so we can use this field without any
problems. Upgrade transaction also uses this field to store this info.)
2. pmsyncpkg_t.removes was moved to pmpkg_t.removes.
This step requires careful programming, because we don't duplicate packages
when we add them to trans->packages. So we modify sync pkgcache when we
add this transaction-only info to our package. Hence it is important to
free this list when we remove any package from the target list
(remove_unresolvable, remove_conflicts, trans_free), otherwise this could
confuse the new sync transactions (with non-pacman GUI).

Overall, our code became ~100 line shorter, and we can call our helper
functions directly on trans->packages in sync.c, we don't need to maintain
parallel package lists.

I simply merged pmsyncpkg_t to pmpkg_t, so the code became notable
cleaner(?) and shorter, but I am not very satisfied, see the commit
message.

Bye