Old 11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Nagy Gabor

Default [pacman-dev] Usefulness of -F option (was: "local version is up to date. Upgrade anyway?" question)

> Kill it? Any objections? I dislike stale crud sitting around.
/me never used.

Bye

Old 11-22-2007, 08:35 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/11/21, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
> > Kill it? Any objections? I dislike stale crud sitting around.
> /me never used.

Same here. Let's kill it.
Similar situation with -A/-U - I think it would be ok to just kill
them and add support for filenames to -S instead of implementing -A/-U
with depends or merging them into -I (see numerous reports).

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
N?Ђ§Жг~9гmДгД^ЖъчЅЋaЙЛЇЖч^Нщ]?Ч.ВЦшКwВXЌЖЫ?К{nr???їЅЂ?*Ђк&?)ю ХЊм?+оЂИzXЏzМ?jз??эЖ6?ігNєпuуNД б?z+оuњш?ШeЂИЇyЦЇЂx?jW(?нuѓпxлNЪ ЧЋНъуjі*??(Ў "ЖЌ?кDЦ)ИыЧЇНщhЅчыЂk?К{nuыо?иЌ rы,n?Їqы%?ЫlЙЛЇЖч(?'u"џ?M4ы*v

Old 11-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Nagy Gabor

Idzs Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com>:

> 2007/11/21, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
> > > Kill it? Any objections? I dislike stale crud sitting around.
> > /me never used.
> >

> Same here. Let's kill it.
> Similar situation with -A/-U - I think it would be ok to just kill
> them and add support for filenames to -S instead of implementing -A/-U
> with depends or merging them into -I (see numerous reports).

I agree. I never understood why we have different "uppercase" commands for -A,
-F and -U, these should be "lowercase" options for -I.

Bye