Old 11-21-2007, 04:12 PM
"Dan McGee"

Default [pacman-dev] Usefulness of -F option (was: "local version is up to date. Upgrade anyway?" question)

On Nov 21, 2007 11:46 AM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Except that -F apparently doesn't want to install new packages, only upgrade
> existing but outdated ones.
> While the option I had in mind for -S would either install new packages, or
> upgrading existing but outdated ones.
>
> But I never used -F once in all the time I used Arch. Who uses this option?
> I actually was surprised when I first saw it some times ago. And I already
> forgot it existed, since I never see it mentioned anywhere.

Does anyone even use -F anymore? I could see its usefullness before
sync DBs were introduced, but I do have a hard time seeing its use
anymore.

Kill it? Any objections? I dislike stale crud sitting around.

-Dan