Old 07-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Nagy Gabor

Default ldconfig runs twice in case of replaces

Hi!

I've just discovered that ldconfig runs twice, if the sync transaction
creates a remove transaction too (%REPLACES%, conflict resolving).

IMHO we should move ldconfig call to trans.c to alpm_trans_commit.
Opinions?

Bye

Old 07-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Xavier

Nagy Gabor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just discovered that ldconfig runs twice, if the sync transaction
> creates a remove transaction too (%REPLACES%, conflict resolving).
>
> IMHO we should move ldconfig call to trans.c to alpm_trans_commit.
> Opinions?

I guess that's fine.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Nagy Gabor

> Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've just discovered that ldconfig runs twice, if the sync
> > transaction creates a remove transaction too (%REPLACES%, conflict
> > resolving).
> >
> > IMHO we should move ldconfig call to trans.c to alpm_trans_commit.
> > Opinions?
> >

> I guess that's fine.

Hm. This is not so easy... -Sw, -Sp :-/

Bye

Old 07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Xavier

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
>> Nagy Gabor wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I've just discovered that ldconfig runs twice, if the sync
>> > transaction creates a remove transaction too (%REPLACES%, conflict
>> > resolving).
>> >
>> > IMHO we should move ldconfig call to trans.c to alpm_trans_commit.
>> > Opinions?
>> >

>> I guess that's fine.
>>

> Hm. This is not so easy... -Sw, -Sp :-/

Congratulations to -Sw and -Sp implementations for causing the biggest
number of annoyances in pacman code.