Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Allan McRae

Default ABS - Specify repo or package to download on command-line

Dan McGee wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Dan McGee wrote:

" | sort -u | tr "
" " ")

>>> In 5 minutes of hacking I can't come up with something better. Is this
>>> a concern however?
>>>
>>> $ echo "-i=core -i=community -i=core/foobar -i=core" | tr " " "
" |
>>> sort -u | tr "
" " "
>>> -i=community -i=core -i=core/foobar
>>>

>> I don't think so... But then, I am not sure what you are getting at there!
>>
>> That would occur if someone went "abs core extra core/foobar" but that
>> would be stupid given if you are syncing core then you will get
>> core/foobar. I don't think I will work around stupidity until later...
>>

> Hmm, then I missed the point of removing dupes I guess? When would we
> ever have a dupe?

Running "abs core/base core/pacman" would give something like "-i=core
-i=core/base -i=core -i=core/pacman". I think the extra "-i core" does
not really matter but there may be an edge case I am missing so that why
I wanted to remove the dupes.

Allan