Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Allan McRae

Default ABS - Specify repo or package to download on command-line

Dan McGee wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I figured I could still send patches for ABS here for people to look at
>> since this is the address listed in --help output...
>>
>> Anyway, I mainly wanted a comment on this line:
>>
>> INCLUDE=$(echo $INCLUDE | tr " " "
" | sort -u | tr "
" " ")

>> which takes $INCLUDE, sorts it and removes duplicate values. Is there a
>> better way to do this? Everything appears to still work if I don't do
>> this but it makes the rsync command much cleaner.
>>

> In 5 minutes of hacking I can't come up with something better. Is this
> a concern however?
>
> $ echo "-i=core -i=community -i=core/foobar -i=core" | tr " " "
" |
> sort -u | tr "
" " "
> -i=community -i=core -i=core/foobar

I don't think so... But then, I am not sure what you are getting at there!

That would occur if someone went "abs core extra core/foobar" but that
would be stupid given if you are syncing core then you will get
core/foobar. I don't think I will work around stupidity until later...

Allan