-   -   pacman -S 'dependency>=2.0' (was: Status of _alpm_find_first_satisfier?) (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-pacman-development/117538-pacman-s-dependency-2-0-status-_alpm_find_first_satisfier.html)

Xavier 07-02-2008 12:49 PM

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Nagy Gabor <ngaba@bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> Now I ran into a problem: The front-end search for _all_ providers
> (satisfiers), and will stop if more than one was found. This is not
> compatible with resolvedeps behavior...

Maybe you can just drop this behavior for now, because this is indeed
inconsistent with resolvedeps. Then if we want to reintroduce some
kind of handling of multiple satisfiers in the future, it should be
done for both explicit targets (which is currently done in frontend)
and dependency resolving (in backend).